She created the TESHO Family Center- TFC as a platform for families to get counseling for family challenges. The inspiration to open the TFC was based on the following facts:
- Relationship building skills are not taught in school yet people need healthy relationships to succeed in Work/Family Life Balance.
- Many young people marry under the influence of passion and when the passion wanes after a few years as it does in every love relationship, they are at a loss on how to build a mutually rewarding family relationship.
- Many problems in the family are not seen as psychological or psychiatric problems needing the help of such specialists so the conflicts are left to fester for long because psychologists and psychiatrist are seen in our society as the “mad” people’s doctor. Family conflicts are not seen as “madness”.
- When families do not get skills on how to resolve conflicts, it leads to stress, stress-related illnesses, violence against men and women, divorce and HIV in some cases.
- Families need a place where there is little stigma, a clean, comfortable and intimate place where they can unburden to a listening ear and get simple life skills to solve their relational dilemmas.
- The TFC is truly a family center that receives couples, in-laws, children, step children, colleagues and siblings. This is because all these people who interact on a daily basis will always need help to build healthy relationships so they do not irritate each other leading to violence.
- Because of the TFC and TESHO activities, Dr Fon Elizabeth is a sort-after motivational speaker and conference organizer for companies and families who want innovative solutions that are context-appropriate for work/Family Life Balance challenges.
- The TFC is found in downtown Akwa at Carrefour ancien Dalip Douala, Cameroon West Africa. It is easy to call on (+237) 673 59 59 59 / 673 58 58 58 to get an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com.
She is happily married to Mr Fon Thaddeus and they are blessed with a princess for a daughter called Tina Fon and miracle twin boys named Love and Hope Fon Thaddeus. That is the biography of that girl child who was born in a remote village a long time ago. Through the grace of God, she has evolved into a woman who listens to people. She has come to realize that meeting people’s needs so they can experience their best life ever is more rewarding than silver and gold. DR FON FONONG ELIZABETH